“The painter is a mere observer of his creation. The one thing that counts is that which touches and moves the viewer, only then will there be space for an embrace”.
For me as a painter, an embrace arises when I turn canvas, paint, chalk, music and passion into colour, shape and endless motion.
Dadette Maas is a fine art painter and lives on the Costa Blanca. She also organises courses and workshops in drawing and painting. She also works on commission.
Dadette draws with sanguine, charcoal and contécrayon and paints with oil paint. Furthermore, she makes wall paintings in fresco.
Education: Academy of Fine Arts, Sint-Niklaas, Belgium.
2 years orientation higher degree
4 years of figurative drawing higher degree
3 years of drawing specializing in figurative drawing higher degree
4 years of fine art painting higher degree
Academy of Temse, Belgium
3 years of fine art painting higher degree
Solo exhibitions Netherlands
- 2001 Physiotherapy practice Kock Axel, Netherlands
- 2002 Town Hall Hulst , Netherlands
- 2003 Dental Practice ´De Steense Brug´ St. Jansteen, Netherlands
- 2004 Winter fair Axel, Netherlands
- 2003 Academy of Fine Arts, Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
- 2003-2006 Month of the Arts, Hulst, Netherlands
- Terschelling, Netherlands
- Final Year Primary School, Breda, Netherlands
- Secondary school pupils, Stekene, Belgium
- Puerto de Mazarron, Spain
The Hague, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels, Paris, Florence and Berlin.